I do a terrible job of telling my wife why I love her. Well, here’s a start. Kristy, I love you because:
- When I’m stressed you know how to make me feel better and calm down; when you smile, you genuinely make everything OK.
- You keep me grounded. When I want to take on a million new projects, you pull me back
- I want to be a better person when I’m around you
- You pursue your dreams, and your enthusiasm for them is contagious
- When I do some crazy thing at the last minute for your anniversary gift each year, you still appreciate it.
- Even when I do disappoint you, you still let me know you love me.
- You always want and do what’s best for our family, even when it means sacrificing something that you want for yourself
- You have made me appreciate art again
- Nobody likes me
- You have big dreams, not just for you, but for us
- I know that you don’t like being stuck in the house, but you’re taking the pandemic situation incredibly well
- Your sense of humor makes me happy.
- You laugh at my terrible jokes, even though I know you don’t think they’re funny.
- You keep me accountable, but are still there for me when I fall short
- When you know something is important to me, you make it happen
- You are probably wondering if I’m ever going to be done right now, but you aren’t asking me because you understand the concept of a “Chris Minute.”
- Even though I think you’re just about perfect, you’re constantly striving to make yourself better, and you are successful at it.
- You accept my shortcomings
- We both enjoy photography
- You started a race car fund for me (even if it is still just $5)
- You know when to listen, and when to tell me to shut up.
- a million more reasons….
I know you deserve a longer list, and one day you’ll have it, but for today, on our 8 year wedding anniversary, I hope this serves as a good starting point.
I love you babe.